ESET Mail Security for Linux / FreeBSD
Discover ESET System Capabilities
Sorry, this product is no longer available, please contact us for a replacement.
ESET Mail Security for Linux/FreeBSD offers lightweight yet powerful protection for heavy-duty mail servers based on the Unix platform. This product features ThreatSense, the industry's most accurate proactive technology for detecting all types of malware.
ESET Mail Security delivers both on-demand and on-access real-time protection from known and unknown viruses, worms, trojans, spyware and other internet threats. Included spam filter offers multiple, simultaneous filtering methods to provide effective detection and excellent protection. It also expands mail security coverage to include support for Novell GroupWise collaboration software, making it even easier for IT administrators to protect all Unix based mail services with one single product.
Safeguard your email with simple set-and-forget protection against malware and spam
- Linux and FreeBSD based mail server protection and antispam
- Low System Demands. Leaves more system resources free while still delivering complete protection
- Remote Management. Fully manageable via ESET Remote Administrator 6
Antivirus and Antispyware
- Scans all inbound and outbound POP3, SMTP and IMAP traffic
- ESETS_SMTP module runs independent of the Mail Transport Agent (MTA)
- Filters out email-borne threats, including spyware at the gateway level
- Powered by the advanced ThreatSense technology combining speed, accuracy and minimal system impact
- Stops spam and phishing messages with high interception rates
- Features improved antispam engine with an option to define threshold levels with great precision
- Eliminates malware targeting all platforms, including Windows, Mac and Linux operating systems
- Prevents spreading of malware from one platform to another
- Compatible with ESET Remote Administrator and supports management through a web interface
- Gives you the option to schedule on-demand scans, actions and security tasks
- Allows you to customize log details and modify reports and notifications to help you monitor compliance with company security standards
- Features content filters for Postfix, Sendmail, Qmail, Exim, Zmailer, and others
- Smoothly integrates in the Novell Groupwise environment
- Ready for integration with Zarafa collaborative software
- Built-in license manager automatically merges two or more licenses with the same customer name
Distribution Independent Solution
- ESET provides installers for the most popular distributions
- Gives you the option to use the general installation package for less common systems not supported directly
- Linux – Kernel version 2.6.x or higher
- glibc 2.3.6 or higher
- FreeBSD – Version 6.x, 7.x, 8.x & 9.x
- Intel/AMD x86/x64
Compatible with ESET Remote Administrator 6
- Note: Not compatible with previous versions of ESET Remote Administrator
- See more information about ESET Remote Administrator compatibility
|ESET Mail Security for Microsoft Exchange Server
|ESET Mail Security for Linux / FreeBSD
|ESET Mail Security for IBM Domino
|ESET Security for Kerio
|Mail Security Comparison
|Antivirus and Antispyware
Filters malware at the mail level with proven antivirus and antispyware technology.
Keeps company inboxes spam-free filtering out unsolicited emails, scams, phishing and frauds.
Designed for virtual environments with a range of features for seamless operation and high performance.
Efficiently protects the server file system as a host against malware and breaches.
The NOD32 scanning core seamlessly integrates with Kerio infrastructure as a plugin to filter out malwares.
Allows to manage mail security and push policies centrally from a single console.
The interface provides for a pleasant user experience , with good clarity in the main areas and a great level of fine-tuning under the covers.
Download the ESET Mail Security for Linux/FreeBSD Datasheet (PDF).
- Antivirus for Linux mail server. Linux Kernel 2.6x, glibc 2.3.6 or higher, FreeBSD 6.x and newer, NetBSD v4, Sun Solaris v10. Media: License Download.
- Pricing and product availability subject to change without notice.